Receptionist/Administrator Job – Subiaco, Perth, Western Australia
The IT Guys are a young dynamic company providing IT Services and Computer Repair services based in Subiaco, WA. We deliver services and support onsite, at home or office to the public and to Small to Medium Sized companies with Apple, Windows or Hybrid environments. Our work also involves dealing with suppliers and vendors directly, in person, by phone and email .
Our busy company requires a trustworthy, highly efficient and organised individual/s with proven excellent reception and administrative skills to assist the growing team.
We are looking for one or more persons to carry out the following duties and responsibilities on a full-time, part-time or job-share basis:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting customers entering the office, logging incoming and outgoing repairs and goods, creating jobs, invoicing and taking payments.
- Answering telephone enquiries, job follow-ups and directing technical enquiries to the technical staff.
- Contacting customers with updates on work progress, answering queries and advising of repair quotes.
- NOTE: No technical expertise is required for this job. However, the ability to say robotically, “I am not sure what the problem is, but I will arrange to find out or have a technician contact you with further details” is a high requisite for this job.
- Online and telephone ordering or re-ordering of new equipment and spare-parts as requested by technicians.
- Following up on orders, return of faulty goods and organising returns and replacement parts with vendors and suppliers.
- Liaising with vendor administrative and technical support.
- Collection of parts and supplies from local suppliers and vendors.
Staff Scheduling and Co-ordinating
- Organising and scheduling on-site service call-outs for technical staff.
- Rescheduling and confirming appointments with technical staff and clients.
- Creating Invoices, processing payments.
- Basic book-keeping duties including reconciling orders and supplies against credit card payments on a weekly basis.
- Monthly corporate client invoicing and accounts receivable duties.
The Ideal Candidate/s will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent computer skills using outlook email, calendars, accounting sofware, Excel and web browsers.
- Professional phone manner and able to operate efficiently under pressure.
- Consistent delivery of friendly and professional customer service skills.
- Proficient organisational skills, able to multitask and prioritise work.
- Confidence to detect and deflect scammers and sales-reps.
- Able to think, act and learn fast as well as conduct research to improve knowledge and solve problems.
- Maturity to manage own time, lead by example, take responsibility for achievements and failures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Assist team members as required.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Keen interest to constantly learn, keep up to date with technology and latest techniques, trends, software and support systems.
- Patience and empathy.
- Police Clearance if requested.
- Valid C Class drivers licence.
- Applicants must reside in Perth with current work visa or residency.
- Full CV required including previous work history, education, qualifications and hobbies. (PDF format)
- Covering letter addressed to ‘The Manager’ explaining why you feel you are suited to this job and reasons for leaving last/current position. Your work hour preference. (PDF format)
- Applications by email only to email@example.com … Applications by post, calling or visiting the office will not be considered.
* (Failure to meet application conditions will result in not making the shortlist.)
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us or call us out. You can contact us here or call:
The IT Guys are authorised Microsoft Partners and as such can supply and support all Microsoft Office Products