Australia Post warns of scam emails and advises you should delete them immediately
Australia Post is warning that ‘multiple scam emails’ are in circulation and advising people to delete them immediately if they receive them.
The emails have the subject lines ‘A courier did not redeem package’, ‘A mailman did not redeem parcel’ or ‘An agent have not redeem item [sic]’.
You are advised not to click on any links in the emails and to report your receipt of the messages to SCAMwatch, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s scam reporting service.
In its media update, Australia Post advises that it will never:
- Ask you to make a payment for parcel collection
- Email you to reconfirm your address by clicking a link
- Charge you to hold a parcel
- Send you an email asking for your password, credit card details or account information
- Call or email you out of the blue to request payment
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call:
Opening an email from Australia Post has had 3 clients in 3 days lose ALL their data to the CRYPTOLOCKER virus