Can I still use Office 2016?
Support for Office 2016 ended on October 13, 2020. Rest assured that all your Office 2016 apps will continue to function—they won’t disappear from your PC or Mac, nor will you lose any data. However, you could expose yourself to serious and potentially harmful security risks.
Here’s what the end of support means for you:
- You’ll no longer receive Office 2016 software updates from Microsoft Update.
- You’ll no longer receive security updates. Security updates are what help protect your Mac from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- You’ll no longer receive phone or chat technical support.
- No further updates to support content will be provided. In fact, most online help content will be retired.
Microsoft Office – Which is the latest version?
The latest version(s) of Microsoft Office now comes in 2 purchase options:
Office 2019/21 is the current version of Microsoft Office, succeeding Office 2016, Office 2013 and Office 2010. It was released to general availability for Windows 10 and for macOS on September 24, 2018.
What is the difference between Office 2019/21 and Office 365?
In very simple terms.
- Office 2019 is an outright purchase for 1 PC or Mac and costs from A$169 per computer and is for customers who aren’t ready for the cloud, Office 2019 is on-premises version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Access, and Publisher and lasts 3 to 5 years. There are 3 versions, Home & Student, Home & Business , Professional
- Office 365 is a monthly or annual subscription and costs as little as *A$22 per computer per year and can be installed on up to 5 computers (PC or Mac)
Need more help?
Covid-19 Update: Business as usual for workshop repairs, remote support and onsite support.
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please complete the form here before bringing your device or computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out by clicking here. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
For instant remote control sessions, follow the instructions found on this page