The Operating Systems (OS) of any computer running Windows or Mac OS, needs to be constantly updated to make them run properly and to prevent virus threats and vulnerabilities.
How to update the Apple Operating Systems (OSx, iOS, MacOS)
How to update the Windows Operating System (Windows 7,8,10)
Windows Updates usually take place on a daily basis to maintain security, integrity and the usability of the computer. New bugs and security threats are being discovered daily and just like your virus checker, these threats and bugs have to be fixed before they become vulnerable to a hacker or intruder.
Depending on whatever version of windows you are running the windows update procedure is slightly different
How to check Windows 7 updates
- Select the Start button
. In the search box, enter Update, and then, in the list of results, selectWindows Update.
- In the left pane, select Change settings, and then under Important updates, select Install updates automatically (recommended).
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then select OK.
How to check Windows 8.1 updates
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you’re using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), select Settings > Change PC settings > Update and recovery > Windows Update. If you want to check for updates manually, select Check now.
- Select Choose how updates get installed, and then under Important updates, select Install updates automatically (recommended).
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box.
- Under Microsoft Update, select the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows check box, and then select Apply.
How to check Windows 10 updates
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update . If you want to check for updates manually, select Check for updates.
- Select Advanced options, and then under Choose how updates are installed, select Automatic (recommended).
Need more help?
Covid-19 Update: Business as usual for workshop repairs, remote support and onsite support.
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can email us at email@example.com or call:
For instant remote control sessions, follow the instructions found on this page