Deleted iTunes songs by mistake?
We’ve all done it…. deleted a favourite iTunes song on the PC by mistake!!!!
Deleted iTunes songs by mistake?? No problem we think … I have a copy of my iPhone or iPad or iTouch … I will just “sync” the two …problem is that anything “deleted” on your PC or Mac will cause the copy on your iPhone or iPad or iTouch to also be deleted.
Deleted iTunes songs by mistake? There is a solution, even though its not very well documented
If you Deleted iTunes songs by mistake in your PC or Mac iTunes go to:
“File” > “Devices” > “Transfer Purchases from ” … name of your iPhone or iPad or iTouch
and anything you’ve purchased (or imported or added) should be able to be “re-imported” into itunes
Alternatively try this
1) Connect your iPhone or iPad or iTouch
2) Open up windows explorer
3) look for the device in windows explorer (probably e: or f: drive)
4) Navigate to “iPod_control” > “Music”
5) Create a new folder say “Recovered Music”
6) Copy all these files to a the folder on your C: or D: drive
7) ‘re-import’ the tracks them by going to iTunes and “File” > “Add Folder to Library” > and selecting the newly created folder
8) You may have a lot of duplications but better than losing those precious songs.
Once you have imported the songs, highlight the new tracks with the track information missing…
…. and right-click the mouse and select “Get track names” and iTunes will attempt to populate the track and album names (you may get prompted when duplicate alternatives are found)
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call: