HP Printer problems since OSx 10.10 Yosemite
Has your HP Printer been giving you problems recently?
… since upgrading to OSx 10.10 (Yosemite)?
Well as you mention it, since upgrading to OSx 10.10 Yosemite, my HP multi-function printer has been very slow to print, documents in the print queue would freeze and many many more printer problems.
It seems that mine was not an isolated incident and thousands of HP/Apple users have been suffering equally.
Having tried a number of suggested fixes, the one found here finally worked and I can recommend it to anyone out there having printer problems,
Reset Printing System
- Click the Apple icon, and then click System Preferences.
- In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan dialog box opens.
- Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
- Click OK to confirm the reset.
- Type the correct Name and Password.
- Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Repair Disk Permissions
- On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
- Double-click Disk Utility.
- Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is “Macintosh HD”).
- Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window
Select Add other Printer or Scanner
Select the printer you are adding and next to ‘Use’ you can select the printer driver (or AirPrint)
Need more help?
Covid-19 Update: Business as usual for workshop repairs, remote support and onsite support.
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: