How to improve your Internet Speed in Perth
Internet Speed in Perth is amongst the slowest in Australia… still
Updated November 2017
The average download internet speed for Perth, Western Australia has improved from 10.6 mbps in 2015 to 17.9 mbps in 2017 but it is still the slowest Australian Capital city by far being almost half the speed of Sydney or Melbourne.
The Picture in February 2015
The increased void between Perth and other Australian Capital cities is mostly explained by the rollout of NBN which is much further advanced in the Eastern States than out West.
You can improve your internet speed if you live in the Perth Metropolitan area.
- If available, get on the NBN and choose the fastest speed tier possible see Confused by NBN Plans?
If you think you are getting poor speeds with NBN then we suggested looking at our NBN Installation and Setup Help.
You maybe getting good speeds but a poor connection or setup maybe causing issues.Internet Speeds of up to 100 mbps download and 20 mbps upload are available on NBN.
- Commercial grade fibre services can be installed in business premises from $369 per month for speeds of 40 mbps up/40 mbps down, 100/100, 250/250 mbps or 500/500 mbps (contact us for a quote)
- High speed internet may still be achieved using HFC (Foxtel Coaxial Cable) from Telstra, which currently offers speeds of 30 to 60 mbps in HFC none NBN areas.
- Mobile Broadband is also widely available via 4G mobile from mobile providers. Average download speeds of around 44 mbps can be achieved.
If you required mobile internet outside of the major metropolitan areas, you may find that Telstra are the only company with ample coverage.
- Fixed Wireless Broadband is available to customers who live within a few kilometers of Perth CBD. The Service is provided by a private company called Node One. You will need to install a wireless receiver on your roof to be able to use this service. Please contact Mode 1 directly to enquire about this service.
- Speeds of 20 mbps may still be achieved using ADSL (if you live close to the telephone exchange)
Guide 1 – How to test your internet speed
- How to test your Internet Speed
- How to increase the speed of my Internet Connection
- How to increase the speed of your Modem Router or Wireless Modem Router
- How to Fix Wif-Fi Problems
- How to increase your Internet Browsing Speed
- Networking and Internet
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call:
08 6118 2601Alternatively click on the Green “Support” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and leave a message.For instant remote control support download and install our TeamViewer remote control software By Clicking Here and following the instructions found on this page