Problems with Office and Outlook for Mac 2016 – Solved
Having problems with Office and Outlook for Mac 2016 (Sept/Oct 2017)
We have multiple email accounts using Mac OS with Microsoft Hosted Exchange and Apple Mail and had recently been experiencing two errors for the last few weeks.
- Each time Outlook is opened, the password for each Exchange account was requested
- “You’re connected to too many services. Please remove some connections before adding additional services” is displayed many times in Office programs.
After a lot of research and much trial and error, we solved the issues. Here is what we did.
Step A – Clean up your Keychain
Close ALL Office for Mac programs fully. Use “Force-Quit” to make sure they are all fully closed before cleaning up your keychain.
1. Go to KeyChain Access.(this can be done using spotlight search)
2. Search “Exchange” under Login –> All Items and delete everything.
3. Search “Office” and delete everything.
4. Search “ADAL” and delete everything.
5. Repeat for “Outlook” and delete everything.
6. Close Keychain
Step B – Cleanup Open Services
- Open Excel or Word. If you see multiple accounts like the following, remove all accounts except the main one, by hitting the “minus” or delete key
- Sign Out
- Sign back into the main account. Repeat the above steps if necessary.
Now open Outlook, add the passwords for each account one more time, you should not be prompted again.
Need more help?
Covid-19 Update: Business as usual for workshop repairs, remote support and onsite support.
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can email us at email@example.com or call:
For instant remote control sessions, follow the instructions found on this page