Australians may have up to 6 choices of Internet Technologies available to them offering speeds of up to 500 mbps downloads.
You maybe getting good speeds but a poor connection or setup maybe causing issues.Internet Speeds of up to 100 mbps download and 20 mbps upload are available on NBN.
2) Commercial grade fibre services can be installed in business premises from $369 per month for speeds of 40 mbps up/40 mbps down, 100/100 or 250/250 mbps (contact us for a quote)
3) High speed internet may still be achieved using HFC (Foxtel Coaxial Cable) from Telstra, which currently offers speeds of 30 to 60 mbps in HFC none NBN areas.
4) Mobile Broadband is also widely available via 4G mobile from mobile providers. Average download speeds of around 44 mbps can be achieved.
If you required mobile internet outside of the major metropolitan areas, you may find that Telstra are the only company with ample coverage.
5) Fixed Wireless Broadband is available to customers who live within a few kilometers of Perth CBD. The Service is provided by a private company called Node One. You will need to install a wireless receiver on your roof to be able to use this service. Please contact Mode 1 directly to enquire about this service.
6) Speeds of 20 mbps may still be achieved using ADSL (if you live close to the telephone exchange)
In the previous guides entitled How to Test Your Internet Speed and How to compare your internet speed with your area average we demonstrated how to take an Internet Speed test and find out your area’s average Internet Speed
The easiest way to determine the available connection types is to use the Telstra webpage
…and click on “Check Availability”
If your one of the lucky ones you will see either the following message
… if your ARE NOT Lucky …you may well see the following and will just have to be resigned to snails-pace internet until NBN comes to town. ……or ….. consider one of the other choices mentioned above.
Guide 1 – How to test your internet speed
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call: