What type of Internet connection is available at my Australian address
Most Australian residences and businesses will only have one or two ways of connecting to the Internet in Australia but some may have up to 6.
We list them below, including showing you how to lookup what Internet Services are available at any given Australian business or residential address. A very useful tool if you are considering buying or renting a new property.
Here is a summary of the most common types of internet connection services available in Australia today and the typical download speeds you can expect from that service.
You maybe getting good speeds but a poor connection or setup maybe causing issues.Internet Speeds of up to 100 mbps download and 20 mbps upload are available on NBN.
2) Commercial grade fibre services can be installed in business premises from $369 per month for speeds of 40 mbps up/40 mbps down, 100/100, 250/250 or 500/500 mbps (contact us for a quote) Why NBN is unsuitable for Australian Business Needs
3) High speed internet may still be achieved using HFC (Foxtel Coaxial Cable) from Telstra, which currently offers speeds of 30 to 60 mbps in HFC none NBN areas.
4) Mobile Broadband is also widely available via 4G mobile from mobile providers. Average download speeds of around 44 mbps can be achieved.
If you required mobile internet outside of the major metropolitan areas, you may find that Telstra are the only company with ample coverage.
5) Fixed Wireless Broadband is available to customers who live within a few kilometers of Perth CBD. The Service is provided by a private company called Node One. You will need to install a wireless receiver on your roof to be able to use this service. Please contact Mode 1 directly to enquire about this service.
6) Speeds of 20 mbps may still be achieved using ADSL (if you live close to the telephone exchange) but diminish the further you get away from the telephone exchange
To find out what services are available at your address, we provide the following guide
Guide 1 – How to test your internet speed
If you would like The IT Guys(WA) to analyse, test and advise you on how to fix any of the above issues, click on Internet and Wi-Fi Testing and Consultancy Services where we offer paid remote on on-site services.
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us or call us out. You can contact us here or call: