Windows 7 no longer available on new laptop purchases!!
Major manufacturers such as Dell, Toshiba and Lenovo aren no longer selling computers with the option of Windows 7 Pro.
It appears that the latest CPU chips produced by intel, will no longer support Windows 7 and most manufacturers (with the exception of HP) are no longer offering the downgrade option from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro.
If you already have Windows 7 on a computer or laptop, Microsoft support is extended until 2020, so no need to start panicking yet. Just remember, once your current hardware dies, you will have little choice but to embrace Windows 10.
However, there are always exceptions to the rule.
- Look for old-stock on sites such as Ebay for computers being shipped with the Windows 7 option
- Buy a second-hand computer with Windows 7 installed
- Run Windows 7 in a “virtual-window” using a product such as VMWare in your Windows 10 environment
- Install Windows 7 on a Mac using “Bootcamp” or “Parallels“
- Ditch Windows and buy a Mac
Or just get used to the fact that Windows 7 already has one-foot-in-the-grave and embrace Windows 10. It’s not that bad once you get used to it 🙂
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
Alternatively click on the Green “Support” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and leave a message.