Windows update version 1903
Many of our clients have had logging-in problems with Windows 10 PC’s recently due to two major Microsoft Windows updates that are either pending or have failed to install properly.
The Windows 10 updates are known as version 1803, 1809 and 1903 (current as of August 1st 2019) and are major updates Microsoft has rolled out to fix bugs and update older (not supported) versions of Windows 10.
To check if you are running the latest version of Windows 10, check the “OS Build version” as follows:
Settings -> System -> About
Under “Windows specifications” should be:
OS build: 18362 or 18945
If the OS Build is less than 18362, you have pending or failed updates and these can be slowing down your computer and risking your computer security.
How to Update Windows 10
- Click Settings -> System -> Update & Security
- Ignore the fact that windows states “You’re up to date“
- Click the “Check for updates” button and wait….
- If any updates are found, especially 1803, 1809 or 1903, either run them straight away or schedule them so they are run after hours as it may take a few minutes to many hours depending on the speed of your hard-disk and the speed of your internet.
- 1903 cannot be installed before 1806 and the computer may need to restart several times before they are totally updated.
If you keep putting off and delaying the updates, eventually the update will happen automatically and may put your computers out of action completely or will install at an inconvenient time rendering the computer unusable for a time.
If you have trouble updating Windows 10 yourself, please drop by our office, or call out one of our technicians.
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call: