Telltale signs of an infected PC
We have identified 21 TellTale signs that indicate your Computer or PC may have been infected with a Computer Virus
If you answer YES to ANY of the following, stop using your Computer IMMEDIATELY and scan it for viruses.
- Is your Computer running very slowly?
- Are you getting unexpected messages such as Pop-up ads?
- Are programs starting or shutting down unexpectedly?
- Is your modem or hard disk working overtime?
- Is your computer running very hot?
- Is your mouse, keyboard or touchpad not working or working erratically?
- Has your default Internet Search Engine Changed?
- Have you noticed unusual transactions in your Bank accounts or Credit Card?
- Has your Internet Access Stopped Unexpectedly?
- Have you stopped receiving email?
- Have your Windows Updates stopped?
- Has your Anti Virus Program stopped working, updating or been disabled?
- Has you firewall become disabled by itself?
- Does your web browser hang or becomes sluggish?
- Do you get re-directed to web pages you did not intend to visit
- Have unexpected toolbars appeared in your browser
- Have you seen unexpected Windows error messages?
- Have you noticed an new unknown unwanted software has appeared?
- Are your friends receiving emails from you that you didnt send?
- Are you receiving lockdown warnings?
- Are you unable to access some files on your PC?
How to scan and remove suspected computer Virus’s
If the steps identified here fail to work, you will need to use a clean “boot-disk” that examines each file on your machine without starting your operating system. You can find out how to do this by reading our article here
There is no “Quick-Fix” to removing computer Virus’s
The IT Guys (WA) use a unique in-house 12 step process that as well as removing viruses, checks and updates browsers, operating systems, browser add-ons, browser toolbars, anti-virus programs, anti-spyware programs, search-engines, non-essential programs, PUPs, Registry entries, Short-cuts and emails. Only by using such techniques can we guarantee that 100% of computer viruses have been removed. This is why we need you to take your PC, Macintosh or Laptop to a professional virus removal specialist as the process cannot be done properly with a brief home-visit from a mobile technician.
Related Posts and Articles
Need more help?
Covid-19 Update: Business as usual for workshop repairs, remote support and onsite support.
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please complete the form here before bringing your device or computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out by clicking here. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
For instant remote control sessions, follow the instructions found on this page