How to protect yourself from a Ransomware attack
How to protect you or your companies Computers, Laptops and Servers from a Ransomware encryption attack.
- It is crucial that all computers and servers have the latest Windows patches and updates installed on every Windows Computer, PC and Laptop (At the moment Apple computers not running Windows are immune from this particular attack).
- Your Anti Virus program must be current, up-t0-date with the latest virus definitions
- You must have a full offsite (cloud) backup of your data files (The IT Guys can supply for $20 per computer per month)
- Ideally you would also have multiple “local” backups to NAS or external HDDs that would have to be rotated periodically as any attached device during a Ransomware attack will also be encrypted.
- Do not click on links or graphics in emails that you are not 100% sure of. Make sure you educate other family members, work colleagues or employees about this because you are only as safe as the weakest link in your network.
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can contact us here or call: