Telephone and Internet options in Australia
By 2021 most residential customers in Australia will have been moved off the traditional copper-line based ADSL internet services and onto wired or wire-less internet and telephone technologies. As an NBN Accredited Adviser, The IT Guys WA and Hybrid ICT can make that transition easier.
Traditional ADSL Internet and Telephone setup in Australia
Traditionally, many Australian’s have been receiving telephone calls and Internet services through the copper telephone lines (land-line) that were owned by Telstra.
HFC (Foxtel) Connected Areas
If your suburb was connected to the pay-tv network (Foxtel) in the 90’s, you may have been receiving telephone calls using the copper network plus Foxtel using the HFC Network (co-axial cable) as per illustration below
And if you are a cable-Foxtel subscriber your house would be connected as follows:
Non-HFC Foxtel users received the Foxtel data through a Satellite dish.
New Solutions for receiving Internet and Telephone calls in Australia
There are now 3 main ways to receive Internet and Telephone calls in Australia via:
- The NBN Network (National Broadband Network)
- Mobile Phone Network (3G, 4G, 5G) offered by major Telecomm’s companies such as Telstra, Optus, Vodaphone, TPG etc.
- Independent Telecomm companies (Fibre and Fixed Wireless)
See also, by clicking on the links below.
- Wireless Smart-Wired-Home solutions for small unit or apartment
- Wireless Smart-Wired-Home solutions for small homes
- Wireless Smart-Wired-Home solutions for medium sized homes
- Wireless Smart-Wired-Home solutions for large sized homes
- Wireless Smart-Wired-Home solutions for extra large sized homes with multiple floors
- Network and Internet Connection between Buildings
- Wi-Fi Troubleshooting
- Having Problems getting Internet and Wi-Fi throughout your home or office?
- Home Networking
Network Support Services
- Network Design & Consulting services
- Telephone and Internet Connections offered by NBN
- Telephone and Internet Connections offered via the Mobile Phone
- NetworksTelephone and Internet Connections offered via Independent Telecomm Companies
Need more help?
If you live in Western Australia, and you need any kind of computer help, please bring your computer to us at 315 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, Western Australia or call us out. You can email us at email@example.com or call:
Alternatively click on the Green “Support” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and leave a message.